In regions prone to seismic movements, the population must be prevented to act quickly and calmly before, during and after an earthquake.
Before an earthquake.
1. Know and locate the general keys for gas, electricity and running water.
2. Put the telephone numbers of firefighters, hospitals and health centers in visible places to ask for help quickly.
3. Patients with special treatments must have medicines in sufficient doses for several days.
4.Poss reserves of gas cylinders, fuels, candles, lamps, flashlights, matches or matches, radio batteries, spare batteries wrapped in plastic inside the refrigerator.
During the earthquake.
1. First of all, keep calm.
2. If we are outside of a building, move away from it and areas where there are overhead cables; stay in a place free of landslides or breakage of glass, until the shaking ends. Do not run between walls.
3. If you surprise us by car, stop and stay there until the tremor ends.
4. If our house did not suffer damages, we must remain in it and cut the entrances of electric power and gas.
After the earthquake
1. Keep us informed through the radio, to comply with the orders of the competent authority.
2. Do not pay attention to unofficial rumors.
3. If we smell gas, we need help to the technical service and do not enter the place until the problem has been solved.
4.Do not use the telephone, except in case of emergency.
5. Stay out of damaged buildings.
6. If we are injured, try to protect them from the sun, rain and wind. Loosen your clothes, wrap them and put them in a comfortable position.
7. If neither we nor our family group suffer injuries, we collaborate with those who need help. Let’s be supportive.
Help-memory for emergencies.
The first action of every person who attends another who has suffered an accident is to discover what has happened, but without endangering the patient.
The situations that require attention without delay are respiratory difficulties, hemorrhages of arteries and veins, severe burns, states of unconsciousness and shock, intoxications with loss of consciousness, heart attacks.
If the evaluation indicates that the person requiring urgent attention, the best action is to call an ambulance by telephone, since the doctors are trained to quickly evaluate the conditions of a sick or injured person and perform the necessary operations to save a life.
When the paramedics are called, specify the location of the call, the exact location of the accident and the number of the person needing medical attention (as in a traffic accident, an explosion); Then, describe clearly the type of accident and the symptoms that the patient or patients present.
Certain accidents require the help of firefighters, such as fires, the collapse of structures, etc.
It is convenient to have the telephone numbers of the police, firemen and emergency medical assistance on hand. Otherwise, the number to the neighbors or the number enabled for information may be required.
In every emergency, it is convenient for a person to stay with the patient all the time to transmit calmness or help them to alleviate their situation,